Let’s face it. Fringe pieces are everywhere — on clothes, bags, shoes and earrings, too. Cate Blanchett wore a pink fringed gown to this year’s Golden Globe awards and Emma Stonealso turned heads in her silver sequin fringe gown at theVenice Film Festival. With the weather still warm, it’s a good idea to sport the swingy, boho-chic style before winter sets in. If you’re wearing the trend for the first time, here’s what to do…
- Keep the tasselled look subtle on a skirt or dress. Don’t wear a print that’s garish and wild.
- Avoid using the fringe everywhere. Restrict it to one garment or accessory at one time, only.
- Fringed jeans are for the outdoors.
- Team this with a bright top or shirt.
- Monochrome fringe hemlines in cream and white are meant for a low-key look.
- Dangly tassel earrings pair well with a white blouse.
- If you’re wearing fringe pumps or sandals, keep the rest of the look muted.n For the workplace, opt for a short tasselled-sleeves shirt and black trousers.
- There’s a lot you can do with accessories. Wear gold cuff bracelets, long earrings, a choker and clutch with your fringe outfit.